Monday, August 29, 2011

More Flatlands

Medicine Hat is a "no gig" zone for the 6th straight year. Couldn't book it solo or for the Tour, going in either direction. Doesn't matter what month you come through either, or how much lead time. It joins like cultural centre Sarnia, Ontario, on my special map. These are cities where Blue Rodeo plays six nighters, Gord Lightfoot can be found busking by the train stations, and Downchild splits nights with Randy Bachman at the local diner. Um, right? Anyway, I don't need to worry about stopping here today. I'm stopping in Swift Current. In the morning I'll drive through Medicine Hat, past the empty aluminum tee-pee.

Just a few more hours. Set the cruise and tie off the wheel... I'm touring on Route 13, through Cadillac, and again the road is my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment