Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pappy's Cafe, Wabigoon, ON

Up sort of early. Not too early, but early enough to get down to Kal Tire to see what they can do for the leaky rear tire. All the tire places are busy getting snow tires onto peoples vehicles before snow. I can't wait days, or even hours. I beg. The guys at Kal Tire help me out. I'm on the road by noon. I've not got a long drive today, but I need to make a stop first...

Back out to the bush country. My friends have got a collection of antique prayer bowls I want to check out before heading south. These things are supposed to have healing powers... They are pretty cool...



Ok, hugs all around and I'm back on the road. I've got the cruise set under the speed limit- I'm crawling through the bush at about 85 km. You get used to it. But I'm not going to give these northern cops any grounds to stop me. Last year there was a rash of illegal stop and search operations up here, and I'm VERY nervous about meeting any of these guys. Stuff can happen on these lonely highways, and I don't want to be part of it. Thankfully cell service seems a little better this year. It might not help, but I could probably call my lawyer this time around.



It's an uneventful trip to Wabigoon, ON. I'm loaded into Pappy's Cafe pretty quick.


I get a good crowd out here tonight- lots of old fans, and old friends, which is really, really nice. After an encore, a quick bite to eat, and then back to my hotel. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment