Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rockin' the Distrikt with Big John Bates

Blue skies over Regina, Saskatchewan as we roll in. We're a little early so we park the Lincoln and sleep for an hour. Then it's Tim's for coffee.

Pretty soon we are at the Regina Long and McQuade location where we present a workshop to about 25 people. Our pals Redbeard and Dale show up. Great to see you! Dale has kindly offered to put us up for the night, while Redbeard will MC the club date in just a few hours time.

The Distrikt is a cool venue. A big, dance room. Very nice. It's an interesting combination for the show here. A Vancouver based act, Big John Bates, shares the bill with us tonight. Having checked them out on line, we are interested to catch the show. Their crowd seem to like us- which is a good start!




We have a good set, sell some CD's, and then settle in to hear Big John Bates. It's a trio, and these folks are very friendly.


A very tight, well delivered show by Big John Bates. A punky, rockabilly, roots band with real playing ability and a great sense of theatre! Thanks for a nice night in Regina.

When I leave the club I find that the right rear tire of the Lincoln is flat. Dave has gone on ahead with Dale, so I'm on my own to dig out the pump, and fix this in the now empty parking lot. An hour later I'm on my way- a longer day than I had counted on!

No comments:

Post a Comment