Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Road to Ontario: Visit to Kenora

I'm on my own for a few days- bringing this big Lincoln over the hump, doing a few solo shows while Big Dave catches a rest at home. Running east, it is not long before the calm of the flatlands changes to the tough, splendid beauty of rocks and bush.




It's all connected to this highway here in Canada. Everybody knows somebody who knows somebody just down the line from someplace.




The highway speed drops here, and the highway patrols swarm like bees to get a little money for the Ontario government. I set the cruise control, sip a coffee, and enjoy the ride into Kenora. I've got good friends waiting to see me. We dine, and talk into the wee hours. In the morning we'll explore some deep woods on ATV's. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment